Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2016 8:14:44 PM EDT
I have seen some little oil capsules, probably 1/20 of an oz. that are a one time use thing.  I would like to find where to buy some.  I would keep one in each AR grip along with a pull through patch line.  Have checked, Midway, Sportsman's Guide, etc.  Can not find.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has 4ml packets of Friction Defense Xtreme gun oil that they sell in 10 or 25 packs.  I received a couple in a match a while back and placed one in an AR buttstock.  :D
Brownells Link Here
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, just ordered 25 as they are on sale now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Make your own with drinking straws that's what I do.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make your own with drinking straws that's what I do.
View Quote

This.  Use a pair of heated needlenose pliers to crimp the ends.  Crimp one end, cut to desired length, fill with lube, crimp other end.  Win!
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to NRA annual show (Atlanta 2017) and get free samples (multiple times).
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I use these 3ml (refillable) dropper bottles. They work GREAT (I put synthetic motor oil in them, and store 1 in each pistol grip along with spare bolt and parts):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZIPEVI dropper&tag=vglnk-c102-20

I also have some ALG Go Juice 1ml (one time use) packs, but don't prefer them. Dropper bottles let you use what you want, when you want. One time use packets are open, and done (can't reseal or close) even when you only need a few drops. The dropper bottles can be used over and over and over again. Note: the dropper bottles I use are the ones I linked, and they work great, but they WILL evaporate oil slowly (not leak, but the plastic obviously must be porous enough that the oil slowly evaporates). Just an FYI for those using them. No problems though, since they refill easily with transfer pipelets.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#7]
https://algdefense.com/alg-go-juice-sample-packs.html

In case you don't like those from Brownell's OP. I would try this lube myself, but I'm stuck in a Frog Lube phase right now..............Don't judge me
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:20:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I use old ejuice bottles.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy a bunch of these and fill them up with your lube of choice.  I have a big ass bag of them, filled up and ready to go in my cleaning bin.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy a bunch of these and fill them up with your lube of choice.  I have a big ass bag of them, filled up and ready to go in my cleaning bin.
View Quote

Thanks for the link. The bottles are on sale for $.18 each.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go to NRA annual show (Atlanta 2017) and get free samples (multiple times).
View Quote

This.

The amount of sample tubes of Slip 2000 I have is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good find!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top