Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2016 11:36:48 PM EDT
If you shoot steel, how much do you guys crib your chsmbers?    I shoot a lot of wolf, and scrub mine pretty good every trip.   I don't have many if at all stuck cases.    Just curious if I over do it?     Been years worth btw. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If you shoot steel, how much do you guys crib your chsmbers?    I shoot a lot of wolf, and scrub mine pretty good every trip.   I don't have many if at all stuck cases.    Just curious if I over do it?     Been years worth btw. Thanks for the input.
View Quote

I don't change my cleaning routine when I've been shooting a lot of steel cased and I would describe my cleaning as frequent but minimalist. Just a little chamber brushing and a bore snaking is about it for the barrel. I've never had any problems come up
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't change my cleaning routine when I've been shooting a lot of steel cased and I would describe my cleaning as frequent but minimalist. Just a little chamber brushing and a bore snaking is about it for the barrel. I've never had any problems come up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

I've also had no trouble running brass after steel, even after hundreds of rounds. I use BCM extractor springs in my bolts FWIW
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
A Windham Weaponry AR in 7.62 X 39, a CZ 527 bolt action same caliber.  Using Wolf 123 grain, 'military classic'.  No problems yet.  The Cz is designed for the steel ammo BTW.  Both guns, after the range, I give the chamber a quick scrub using Ballistol and that fancy wire brush.  Push a couple of patches thru the bore and I'm done.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same.

I've also had no trouble running brass after steel, even after hundreds of rounds. I use BCM extractor springs in my bolts FWIW
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

+1 here as well.

I've only had one brass case get stuck after shooting steel, out of thousands upon thousands and thousands of rounds of steel. Clean as normal, there is no magic trick to it
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top