Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2016 8:22:44 AM EDT
I have a new RI 556. I cleaned it and hit the range. Nice weapon indeed. I cleaned CLP and oiled with my Ed's red mix and stored the gun. Pulled it out today to head to the range again. Broke her down to inspect and the gun was dry.The BCG seems a little ruff to me and was not in the least oiled or wet.

I am pretty sure I oiled it as well as needed when put up two weeks ago?  My colt is always wet when I get it out to use. Should I disassemble the BCG and buff it or soak it in oil, or??
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If I understand you correct , you lubed with Ed's red ?

Ed's red is a solvent,  in no way is it a cleaner . You should have lubed with the clp .

Better yet , try some slip 2000 , or some break free LP , much better lubes .
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
THIS       .

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I understand you correct , you lubed with Ed's red ?

Ed's red is a solvent,  in no way is it a cleaner . You should have lubed with the clp .

Better yet , try some slip 2000 , or some break free LP , much better lubes .
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a new RI 556. I cleaned it and hit the range. Nice weapon indeed. I cleaned CLP and oiled with my Ed's red mix and stored the gun. Pulled it out today to head to the range again. Broke her down to inspect and the gun was dry.The BCG seems a little ruff to me and was not in the least oiled or wet.

I am pretty sure I oiled it as well as needed when put up two weeks ago?  My colt is always wet when I get it out to use. Should I disassemble the BCG and buff it or soak it in oil, or??
View Quote

When did Rock Island start making 556 AR 15 style rifles?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]
OOPs, I meant to say Rock River AR. I must have been thinking of my Rock Island CS 9mm. Just hate it when those brain farts happen!
I am going to pick up some $$ slip 2000.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OOPs, I meant to say Rock River AR. I must have been thinking of my Rock Island CS 9mm. Just hate it when those brain farts happen!
I am going to pick up some $$ slip 2000.

View Quote

Damn, you had me excited.  I own 2 RI 1911's and thought it would be cool to see what their AR would be like.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ed's Red is maybe the best bore cleaner. It's been around for a long time. Weapon Shield is the best lube tested. Enjoy your rifle !
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top