Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2016 6:40:46 PM EDT
Hello , on advice of a police armourer  I know  I just ordered some of the new rand brand grease and clp  .

Any one else running these , Good or bad ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't use any grease on any of my firearms, just CLP.  the key is just lube where there is metal to metal friction. you don't need 2 products
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Grease has no place on an AR15, with the exception of the trigger sear engagement surfaces.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grease has no place on an AR15, with the exception of the trigger sear engagement surfaces.
View Quote

I hear you , I use the grease on the rails of my handguns .

Just wanted to hear from any one here tgatbhqsed used the rand clp .

Thanks for the feedback !!
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
i have used the rand clp on my ar's and1911's works great and easy to clean weapons after shooting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Grease works just fine on bolt carrier rails. Local LGS owner is an Olympic shooter (won silver I think)  and he first suggested it to me. Not my first choice but it works.

Kyle Lamb endorses the Rand CLP, I'd try it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll agree with poster who said "grease has no place on an AR". I tried using synthetic grease on my BCG and it was a disaster. Never again. Mobile 1 motor oil for me from here on out (never had a single issue with it).
I grease my AK's and oil my AR's. Just the way it is.
Grease does not play well with carbon (makes a thick/sticky mess). Anyone who recommends grease either does not shoot much (safe queen) or only shoots VERY limited rounds per session.
Grease is poor advice (and I'd hardly take the opinion of a Olympic shooter over a soldier who relies on his weapon to stay alive).
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#7]
We can agree to disagree. I've used lithium grease on my carrier rails many times and it works just fine for me even on multiple hundred round range days with high temp and cheap dirty ammo.

I wouldn't use it on the bolt just the carrier rails. Bolt and cam pin get oil.

Also, do you have any idea the volume Olympic shooters go through to get to that level of skill? Pretty silly to call that VERY limited use. This guy probably shoots more annually than you will in your life bud.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also, do you have any idea the volume Olympic shooters go through to get to that level of skill? Pretty silly to call that VERY limited use. This guy probably shoots more annually than you will in your life bud.
View Quote

The point was, they clean often. Soldiers do not always have that opportunity. You could run it with mayonnaise and it would run, so long as you clean it often.
Some people have had decent luck with lithium grease... I'm not one of them. I prefer oil for mine. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree, I prefer oil.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I use Rand CLP. Works well and no complaints.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top