Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2016 6:01:51 PM EDT
Amsoil gun lube

I guess they have a new cleaner, as well. No affiliation.

(Hope not a repost. Did a search.)
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
nice, another lube to throw into my lot.....   will be interesting to try out!    

Thanks for sharing. I've tried Amsoil 20/50 and had no issues.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:05:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really any need to argue about it.  Synthetic oils of certain types are essentially harmless if you're not drinking them or rubbing oil drained from a motor all over yourself, and they work fine as gun oils.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really any need to argue about it.  Synthetic oils of certain types are essentially harmless if you're not drinking them or rubbing oil drained from a motor all over yourself, and they work fine as gun oils.
View Quote

I know, but some folks here love to debate the merits of one lube over another. (Even if they are both synthetic.) Just my way of letting folks know about a new one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Well my order came in.   It is kind of thin, well...  allot thin.
It's runny and says to shake well. Since it's hot out the bottles were warm, I shook them up for 5 min or so, then transferred it to a clear needle tip bottle. It has some type of additive in it, making it opaque, so not clear. Otherwise I would swear it was just repackaged Motor Oil, nothing wrong with that mind you, but I already have used there 20/50 Motorcycle oil and it is thicker.

So probably a light weight motor oil with maybe a teflon / hbn or some kind of micro fine particulate. I will let it sit overnight and see if it settles to the bottom.

Anyway - just wanted to share.  

***EDIT:   Update,  the oil is still opaque, so the particulate is suspended in the oil. I don't see anything on the bottom of the bottle.  NICE!
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! I was thinking it may just be motor oil. Let us know how it runs and cleans up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Update?

Found it on  their website, they make excellent motor oil, curious about this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Leading competitors oil turns guns into rust... yeah right

I will pass on Scamsoil for my guns just like I do for my engines.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leading competitors oil turns guns into rust... yeah right

I will pass on Scamsoil for my guns just like I do for my engines.

View Quote

That's just ignorant. Amsoil makes excellent quality stuff. Whatever beef you have with their marketing doesn't change that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Amsoil and Mobil 1 are the only two motor oils that actually do what they're suppose to... I dont have the links you're going to ask for supporting this but the studies are out there. They're the only oils you'll find in my garage.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top