Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2016 2:55:20 PM EDT
I never removed my EOThings or carry handles or anything ridiculous like that, but now that I have a Burris AR332 on my AR10 with an ADM mount I have been removing it to clean the upper since it is so bulky and makes it a little more difficult for me to clean. It also bugs me that I'm likely not getting a perfect return to zero, especially after several cleanings. I'm kind of a set it and forget it type of guy. Maybe I'm also more inclined to do it with this optic since the BUIS can't be used w/o removing it first anyway, and I tend to prefer shooting with irons. What do others do in this situation? Clean w/o removing, or just checking and adjusting zero often? Wondering if I would also be tempted to remove a PRO from an AR15 for cleaning. Thanks.

BTW, am I the only one who has also removed the EOTechs from their Battlefield 4 loadouts and other games? LOL
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL - no. Just leave it on the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL - no. Just leave it on the rifle.
View Quote

I use ADM mounts as well. The only time I remove it is if I have to, like to use my BUIS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I only clean the inside of the rifle. I don't want to clean the outside or "character" off.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I cover my optics w/a scope cover during cleaning to keep solvents and such off the glass but I don't remove them.
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have removed optics for a spraydown but not for a wipedown, q-tip swabbing and boresnaking.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cover my optics w/a scope cover during cleaning to keep solvents and such off the glass but I don't remove them.
Tomac
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Never.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top