Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 12:51:34 PM EDT
I know pro HD is safe on aluminum hence why I use it, but can anyone tell me which is better for carbon? I also have some superclean, but I don't dare heat that stuff without a hazmat suit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting question.  How can we artificially put carbon residue on something?

EDIT:  Preferably a flat surface.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting question.  How can we artificially put carbon residue on something?

EDIT:  Preferably a flat surface.

View Quote

carbide lamp
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, I was thinking of trying SG Pro in an US cleaner.
How well did it clean?
Did you dilute or use full-strength?
Where did you purchase it.  It is cheapest online from Home Depot, but you have to order 4 gal.

Sorry I can't answer the question you posed, but appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, I was thinking of trying SG Pro in an US cleaner.
How well did it clean?
Did you dilute or use full-strength?
Where did you purchase it.  It is cheapest online from Home Depot, but you have to order 4 gal.

Sorry I can't answer the question you posed, but appreciate your help.
View Quote

I typically use it at a 2-3 parts water per 1 part cleaner. I am for around 3 parts water 1 part cleaner, but usually err on the side of more cleaner than that vs less. It seems to clean quite well, at least when heated, My technique is to clean less dirty smaller items first, after that it should be nice and hot, while I'm drying the parts I just cleaned I'll let the  dirtiest parts soak a bit, run a full 8 minute cycle, give it 10-20 minutes to cool, then a second cycle. That way you're getting the benefit of an extended soak in hot SG as well as the ultrasonic cleaning.

The only carbon it didn't remove was the hardened bolt tail and carbon in the BCG, but I didn't do the aforementioned soak and 2 cycles for it either just one 8 minute with no preheating or soaking.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top