Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2015 3:20:50 AM EDT
Let me explain, my two "run and gun" AR's a 9mm LWD 16" and a 5.56 Bravo Company 14.5" have a Battle Arm Dev Ambi Safety Selectors.  I recently put together a lower for a 6.8 an noticed how tight and crisp the safety was.  This lead me to inspect and replace the pins on my BAD AS selectors which were feeling sort of worn out, and they were.  In all fairness I shoot these AR's a lot more than my others and I'm in the habit of engaging the safety while moving between shooting positions.  

My question is has anyone else noticed early detent pin failure with a Battle Arms Development Ambi Safety Selector vs a mil-spec safety selector?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen this before, I think the KNS detents that they use are soft. > https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=663236
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I noticed the BAD safety I have that gets the most use has become soft feeling when it comes to switching it as well lately.  Do they use KNS detents?  I need to change out my detent and see if it fixes it or if it is a material softness issue on the actual safety shaft.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact BAD either on their site, call or in their industry section. They'll swap it out for you and get you taken care of guaranteed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seen this before, I think the KNS detents that they use are soft. > https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=663236
View Quote

The link above was my thread from awhile back. I took the advice someone gave and clipped a coil or two off the spring to take some of the stress off of the detent. Just yesterday I had to swap out the detent again though...I also replaced the spring with a full length one. The selector getting squishy or soft happens so slowly that I don't notice it much until it gets pretty bad. After swapping out the detent and spring it is amazing how much nicer it feels. Just a flick of my thumb and it goes off safe where before I had to ride it the whole way.

At this point it's clear that replacing the spring and detent is going to be part of a maintinemce schedule  I guess. I ordered a half dozen springs and detents from Damage Industries to have them on hand.....If I didn't like the BADCASS selector so much I'd probably try something else.....now that I think of it I was interested in the Talon(I believe that's the name) selector. Maybe I'll order one and give it a go......
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top