User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:49:01 PM EDT
guy gave me a spray can of tri-flow, would this be good to run a ar? thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe for artic use or extreme dust/sand conditions where a dry lube is suggested.
For regular use a good gun oil would be better.

It's carrier evaporates and leaves a teflon coating. That makes it excellent for lubing locks.
It is also an good penetrating lube for freeing up rusted parts. I use it a lot for non gun jobs. Keep it around.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info, got it free and good to have around for other uses.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It works great on bicycle chains.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a free sample bottle once. used it, no issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to use it on my stainless steel revolvers.  You could feel the difference in how smoothly they operated with tri-flow vs. regular oil.

I bought a bunch of it years ago and used a bunch of it.

I made the mistake, one time, of spraying up my M1A with it.  Second shot the extractor took off with the empty.  We found it and reinstalled it after wiping off all the tri-flow and putting regular oil back on the bolt.  I never put tri-flow on the bolt again and I never lost the extractor again.

It's darn slick.

Oh, to show the kids how slick it is I used it on their hot wheels cars one time.  They had a track set up and were seeing how far each car would go before stopping.  After a little tri-flow on each axle/wheel the cars would go farther before stopping.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It works great on bicycle chains.
View Quote

This.  Tri Flow is teflon based.  I don't use it on my firearms, but great on other stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
ended up using the tri-flow on just the carbine buffer spring, sure made it smoother and and took out some of the spring noise. am not going to use on bcg, will use on household things like hinges door locks etc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup I use it on my bike chain.  I was just using yesterday and wondering if it would work for firearms.  I am trying to simplify my life and find 1 or 2 lubes that work for everything.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I've used Tri-Flow before mtself and it seems to be just as good as Breakfree.
Your good to go with that product.

Impala
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the drop point or heat range for TriFlow?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top