Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:22:16 AM EDT
I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon with the above BCG. After a few mags, the BCG becomes sticky. Unlike regular gunk from gas and oil, this stuff is more like tree sap. It forms on the outside of the carrier and inside the bolt. The firing pin never falls out freely; I have to pick it out. There is always build-up under the extractor. I use M-Pro 7 on all of my rifles. Any ideas/similar experience?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
try taking bcg all apart and clean with a degreaser, wipe and relube.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the very same BCG, and I am not having that problem. Switch lubes and see if that cures it.

Vince
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You're running lube, right! NiB still needs lube. It is very slick because it's not very porous (does not hold oil). Heat + carbon will get sticky w/o lube.
The advantage of NiB is that it's slicker, not that it needs less lube.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
yes, I run the same amount of lube I do with any other BCG. I've degreased it thoroughly and soaked in motor oil for a few hours. Wiped it off and lubed very lightly with the same oil again. Seems to be ok after 2 outings so far. I remember now that I've applied Frog Lube to this BCG in the past. I've also soaked it with some foaming cleaner. I wonder, if the mixture of the 2 caused the issue. I hope it's "fixed" now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're running lube, right! NiB still needs lube. It is very slick because it's not very porous (does not hold oil). Heat + carbon will get sticky w/o lube.
The advantage of NiB is that it's slicker, not that it needs less lube.
View Quote

Actually it's slick because it IS very porous.

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top