Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2015 10:22:37 PM EDT

Update.   I got an email from John M of Mil Comm that  explain the packageing and the weight of the jar. He said it would have been just a little over half full for the 8oz jar / tub . All things are good . WD

I just got an 8oz jar from off of Amozon. When I opened it it is half full . Now whats in there might be 8oz.. I ain't got a clue. Is this normal for the 8oz jars ??? If it was some $15- 20  dollar grease I wouldn't even really think to hard about it... But this stuff is pricey .. TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
By 8oz jar do you mean the 4" or so in diameter tub about 1.5" tall or so?

It's been a while since I opened a new one, but most of the used ones I see are more than ½ full; I'm pretty sure all of ours (8, 16 & 32oz "jars") are nearly full when new.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah thats the one Im talking about . . 4" x 2"  Im guessing tub..... WD
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Last 8oz. jar I bought was nearly 15 years ago,but I remember it being full to about .5" from the top like most tubs of grease.That said I started buying the 4oz. tubes because they are easier to carry and takes up less space etc..Plus the tube lube is easier to apply/use.I use the syringes in my cleaning kits and range boxes and use the 4oz. tube to refill the syringes.So overall I like the 4oz. tube best overall.
As far as your concerns,I'd call Greg at Mil-comm and see what he says.If the jar was filled partially etc. Im pretty sure he will make it right.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I called Mil comm and left a voice mail . Im also going to email them. I also contacted the vendor which was through Amazon and politely explained to them what volume I actually recieved. Hopfully between the two I can get the suspected missing 4oz . Never thought I would be putting time into a grease order but the dern stuff was over $ 60 for this tub/jar. Thanks for the replys WarDawg
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top