Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/15/2015 9:47:56 PM EDT
I just used it to clean up my ddm4v5 and bushmaster m4 its a great tool what does the ar world say to it. Its compact and efficient not that I didn't clean well before but it seems to really speed up in the carbon scraping part at least. Just curious who else has used it ? just opions not trying to sell it
avid ar scraper
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never scraped carbon, even from my f/a weapons

am I doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never scraped carbon, even from my f/a weapons

am I doing something wrong?
View Quote

No; the system is fairly self-regulating in that regard.  Long suppressed strings may cause buildup that requires removal, but a nylon brush should remove more than enough.

Not scraping carbon is far better than starting sentences with the word "so" when it isn't warranted, as in the title here.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it for removing excess carbon from the boat tail and to pull the firing pin retaining cotter pin but I haven't needed it for anything else yet (might do the inside of the bolt channel eventually).
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
it may work, but its nothing more than satisfying OCD.

I have never cleaned like that and my ARs have worked fine all these years and rounds.
a true waste of $$ and effort
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a gift so no money out on my part and Ive never needed it before but was crious as it really helped scraping the bolt tail. I knew the ar masters would help in the decision to rather necessary or just fad thanks impingement brothers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:57:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I learned to clean a gun of everything, or else the armory wouldn't accept it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have that tool, and have used it only once. It worked, but I didn't find it necessary. With proper lube, the carbon (granted, use NiB and Nitride) seems to wipe off easily.
That being said, I think the tool is a great idea, but has it's short comings. For starters, it should be made in 3 pieces (it is currently 2. A handle, and a fixed, flipping, blade/tool). If they made it as a 3 piece (handle, and TWO separate "blades"/tools) it would be more compact and be able to fold into itself (currently it does not. There is always ONE portion of the tool exposed, as it is a "switch" type blade/tool). This failure (design) makes it less easy to transport, store (such as in a grip), etc.
I would love to see this tool with TWO separate scrapers (handle, and two separate "tools/blades" that fold into that handle). There is NO reason to have only one blade/tool (which causes ALWAYS one protrude).
Great idea, poor execution.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I just use a pen knife.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the Aux Arc scraper.  Hugs the bolt tail contour really nice, folds up small to fit in the grip, and is real easy on the wallet
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of people around here bother wiping their ass after taking a dump or if they consider it an unnecessary waste of time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Once every few years I remove the black stuff from the tail of the bolt.
I use a $1.98 2" brass wire wheel for that task.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of people around here bother wiping their ass after taking a dump or if they consider it an unnecessary waste of time.
View Quote

That's different. My ass tells me if I haven't wiped right (itchy), my rifles doesn't complain at all
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#14]
kley zion crt
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's different. My ass tells me if I haven't wiped right (itchy), my rifles doesn't complain at all
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When your rifle fails to work properly consider it a complaint.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#16]
My hi tech bolt tail scraper
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My hi tech bolt tail scraper-http://
View Quote

You have to use Photobucket or similar, then link the image code.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't/hasn't, thus my point, it's unnecessary.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't want to clean your rifle that is your business but this forum is meant for people who want good advice and not cleaning a firearm is not good advice.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top