Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2015 10:26:14 PM EDT
I've been looking at YouTube for BCM BCG cleaning videos and can't seem to find anything great. I'm not sure if every BCG is essentially the same and broken down the same or not. I'm going to get my first AR in a few months so I'd like to research this first. Are there any good videos that I can look at?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest starting with looking at the front page of the maintenance & cleaning forums and look at the lubrication points thread because it covers the BCG components and oiling points.  Being former military I tend to go with what I learned and continue to learn for PMCS however, if you are getting your first AR I would strongly suggest searching through arfcom's archives and reading as much as you can about the platform starting with safety.  

BCG maintenance has also been covered here on arfcom if I am not mistaken.  To answer your question yes every BCG be it semi or auto that I have broken down is essentially the same.  I hope this helps, welcome aboard, good luck and safe shooting !  ETA content.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been looking at YouTube for BCM BCG cleaning videos and can't seem to find anything great. I'm not sure if every BCG is essentially the same and broken down the same or not. I'm going to get my first AR in a few months so I'd like to research this first. Are there any good videos that I can look at?
View Quote

If you've narrowed down the manufacturer of the AR you would like to purchase, I would suggest looking on their website for a resource page. Download any tech/owners manuals they have. Study those.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top