Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2015 12:19:06 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can purchase some of the old Breakfree CLP with the Teflon that settles on the bottom? I know they changed the formula around 2000 to the current version, but I miss the old thicker version and haven't been able to find a source.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't have a source for you, but if a thicker BF product is what you are looking for, try some BF LP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't have a source for you, but if a thicker BF product is what you are looking for, try some BF LP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Yep.

LP generously on cam pin, piston rings, lugs.

CLP lightly on firing pin and everywhere else.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
15 year old oil may no longer be the same as when it was new.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I use BF CLP as lube normally but if you're only looking for lube and don't use it as a cleaner, I suggest trying Slip 2000 EWL.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 4 ounce bottle that must be over 30 years old.  I was wondering if it was still good, seemed to be a little thicker than normal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a 4 ounce bottle that must be over 30 years old.  I was wondering if it was still good, seemed to be a little thicker than normal.
View Quote

Solvent may have partially evaporated. wont clean as well as when new. but will still work. probably better than the newer low solvent and no solvent fomulas.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use BF CLP as lube normally but if you're only looking for lube and don't use it as a cleaner, I suggest trying Slip 2000 EWL.
View Quote

Slip2000 calls it a CLP too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
You can buy the original Breakfree in various sizes up to one gallon here:

http://www.sprucemtsurplus.com/grease-oil-sealant.html
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can buy the original Breakfree in various sizes up to one gallon here:

http://www.sprucemtsurplus.com/grease-oil-sealant.html
View Quote

And if it's the teflon you were wanting, here's a low-priced source of micro-fine PTFE in small quantities you can add to a bottle of the current CLP.

I first bought this when my son(who is now 30) was building a Pinewood Derby car.  Made great lube for the wheels.

Website has live inventory.  They have 20 in stock ATM.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Labelle-134-30-oz-Micro-Fine-Teflon-Non-Staining-D-p/lab-134.htm
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top