Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2015 6:05:26 PM EDT

I was thinking about soaking my bolt carrier in this stuff. It's concentrated, so I would have to make a 1:10 dilution.

Has anyone tried it? How does it do, any downside?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/hDKEiqr.jpg

I was thinking about soaking my bolt carrier in this stuff. It's concentrated, so I would have to make a 1:10 dilution.

View Quote

Yes, works well as a cleaner.    With the standard stuff it's theoretically possible that it can damage aluminum if it contacts it repeatedly.   But, if you use the 'pro' there's no chance of that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, works well as a cleaner.    With the standard stuff it's theoretically possible that it can damage aluminum if it contacts it repeatedly.   But, if you use the 'pro' there's no chance of that.
View Quote
I just fo'd on this bottle. I guess what you're saying is it couldn't hurt too bad once or twice?

Also love your channel, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I use it all the time in a 50/50 solution in an ultra sonic tank. Seems to do no harm. I use the same stuff to clean the outside of fuel injectors for years now.Never a problem
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Simple Green is awesome shizznit!

I only use it occasionally to clean guns because it will strip any and all oil and grease off metal parts and most of the time guns don't need that level of cleaning IMHO.

If you think you have a gun that is due for a thorough "white glove" cleaning it is excellent for this. Rinse well with water and I let the parts dry in the hot sun before applying a protective coat of lube and reassembling.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Been using it for years as a degreaser. Works great.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/hDKEiqr.jpg

View Quote

Go to the Dollar Store 64 oz. jug.....well for a dollar...

50/50 to clean....to rinse hottest water out of the tap....helps dry quicker
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
If not using the pro be careful of using it in ultrasonic cleaning tanks as it will mess up aluminium
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
What does the Pro have that the regular doesn't?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does the Pro have that the regular doesn't?
View Quote

I believe the "Pro" is safe for aluminum whereas the standard can effect aluminum.

ETA: Simple Green FAQ click on "Aluminum"
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.swaircraftappraisals.com/MeyersForum/Maintenance/Simple%20Green.pdf
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Been using both the pro and the reg green and can't say I've noticed any difference. Cleans very good with a 1:3 mix.
The green smells nice, the pro smells like cheap window cleaner.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#12]
It was the thing to use in the 90s in the Marines, until it was discovered it damaged aluminum.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top