Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2015 3:19:41 PM EDT
Hello was wondering if anyone here uses the slip 2000 products both lubes and cleaners?

For cleaners what's better the carbon killer or the 725?

For lubes what do you guys use  the slip 2000 or the EWL or EWL 30 ?

What about their grease?

Thanks for the input !
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the ewl it works great.  Haven't used any of the other so I can't compare them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the ewl it works great.  Haven't used any of the other so I can't compare them.
View Quote

Greetings to a fellow mainer and thanks for the response.

I just picked up some of the EWL 30 I'm wondering how it's going to work up here and are cold climate?

I tried some of the frog  lube this winter and that's definitely a no go that stuff becomes rockhard Around 35 f !!!!

I'm looking for a lube  that is slightly thicker than normal but will not freeze up and cold temperatures.

We will see if the EWL 30 can fit the bill.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
will stay way from frig lube then
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Love the slip2000 ewl. No smell. Stays really wet thru long range trips.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Greetings to you too

im not sure how well it works in the cold I'm usually to busy to go shooting  in the winter so my rifle is pretty babied and stays in a warm place
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Broke in a new pistol build with ewl.  420 brass and 200 rounds steel case.  Mostly sustained fire with a few mag dumps.  Gun runs smooth and cleans up nice.  Slip products are all I use for my ar's, pistols garands etc
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Slip makes good stuff.  I have used the oil for a long time, I recommend it.

I just started using their solvent but there's a tremendous amount of positive online about it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Edit: my first double tap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I use slip 2000 ewl in arctic IL. So it should hold up to a Maine winter no problem.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the EWL and standard lube, and love it. They dont smell and last very long from my experience.

I have yet to try the cleaners though.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I use Slip2000 EWL and carbon killer.
Never used 725.
Carbon killer has a nice citrus smell. The EWL 30 may be a bit too thick for cold weather operation.
I tried Fireclean and it does an equally good job but I went back to EWL because the Fireclean took on a rancid odor from the bottle.
Not strong but enough for me to be concerned it was breaking down.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the input guys. Can anyone tell me does the EWL and the regular slip 2000 have a big difference in the thickness?

I have tried the 725 cleaner in my opinion it seems a lot like the M – pro seven cleaner I would say the two are almost damn near the same.

With the weather being as cold as it has been in Maine I think I'll leave my bottle of EWL 30 in the car overnight see how it works in the morning .

Personally I prefer a thicker oil that will stay put and not drain off .
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the fire clean CLP one of those bio-based vegetable oil COP's like rand clip ??
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I have some of both but have yet to use any.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use slip 2000 ewl in arctic IL. So it should hold up to a Maine winter no problem.
View Quote

Yeah I leave my rifle exposed to the cold alot (in patrol car)  I have yet to see a problem with Slip 2000 EWL.

And all oils will thicken up when cold, its what they do.  Doesn't make them any less effective unless they turn solid/thick gel like Froglube.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Have you actually fired it after it's been cold soaked? More than a few shots?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
EWL and Wilson Combat Lube
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#18]
From their FAQ:

What is the difference between EWL and the regular Gun Lube?
The EWL has a higher wear property. The regular gun lubricant passed at 750 lbs. on the Falex Pin & V-Block Test while the EWL passed at 4500 lbs. This means that the EWL will endure more wear and last 4 to 5 times longer.

With the regular Gun Lube you can shoot 200-500 rounds with an AR, pull the bolt out and wipe it clean. With EWL you can shoot 2000 rounds with an AR, pull the bolt out and wipe it clean.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I use EWL on my carry gun,while I use synthetic motor oil on my range guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From their FAQ:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
From their FAQ:

What is the difference between EWL and the regular Gun Lube?
The EWL has a higher wear property. The regular gun lubricant passed at 750 lbs. on the Falex Pin & V-Block Test while the EWL passed at 4500 lbs. This means that the EWL will endure more wear and last 4 to 5 times longer.

With the regular Gun Lube you can shoot 200-500 rounds with an AR, pull the bolt out and wipe it clean. With EWL you can shoot 2000 rounds with an AR, pull the bolt out and wipe it clean.

If you use a chrome or NiB BCG its reaaly easy cleanup with the EWL.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I've used EWL 30, 725 degreaser, and the EWL grease. I used the grease on the BCG rails and EWL 30 on everything else. I just got a bottle of FireClean to see if it lives up to all the hype. Never had any issues with the Slip products, and I swear the degreaser is Windex, smells the same but costs 4x as much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've used EWL 30, 725 degreaser, and the EWL grease. I used the grease on the BCG rails and EWL 30 on everything else. I just got a bottle of FireClean to see if it lives up to all the hype. Never had any issues with the Slip products, and I swear the degreaser is Windex, smells the same but costs 4x as much.
View Quote

I don't think the 725 degreaser smells like Wendex honestly it smells like the M Pro seven cleaner exactly the same.

I've arty lubed up a couple of my handguns just wait to give them a try now but so far I'm liking the slip 2000 productline.

Thanks for the input guys !!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suspect that their cleaner is closely related to Windex....maybe more concentrated?  I have sprayed the 725 on my hands when greasy....and it does break down the grease.  But then, Windex does the same thing too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.slip2000.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=S&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=60372
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top