Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2015 10:18:37 AM EDT
i got a nickel boron bcg from ares arms and noticed that it stained badly after the first time i used it. about 100 rnds. does anyone know a good way to clean them? just wiping it off doesnt remove the stain. bore cleaner? i've read where some people say theirs  is still like new after repeated use. i saw a youtube vid where some guy used turtle wax to polish it and it seemed to work. any advice would be appreciated!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i've read where some people say theirs  is still like new after repeated use.
View Quote

It depends on who coated it, you cant really compare budget NiB to WMD NiBx or Fail Zero's NiB.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
It's nomall. Chrome will hold up if you want the shine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks. i was wondering what the differences where in the more expensive ones.........oh well, live and learn!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Sooner or later you'll have to learn to embrace the tarnished grimy look.  If you want pretty, go chrome or if black and slick is the ticket pick up a Melonited bcg.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It depends on who coated it, you cant really compare budget NiB to WMD NiBx or Fail Zero's NiB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
i've read where some people say theirs  is still like new after repeated use.

I've seen wmd have the staining and lwrc's.   I don't think budget really has anything to do with it to be honest
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]
what about polishing it to a gloss? would that help in cleaning or possibly ruin the finish?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#8]
After reading all the hype about NIB I picked up a NiB BCG last year. After only 100 rounds it started turning black. I  was hoping all the carbon would magically wipe off like I saw in all the videos. It was more of a pain in the ass to clean than good old phosphate. I did end up cleaning the bolt with Flitz to bring back most of the "silver" look. I fired another 100 rounds the other day and the bolt now has a slick shiny black finish after wiping with a rag. I don't really care what it looks like, but don't buy into the hype that it's a magic coating or super easy to clean.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#9]
so far i agree!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i got a nickel boron bcg from ares arms and noticed that it stained badly after the first time i used it. about 100 rnds. does anyone know a good way to clean them? just wiping it off doesnt remove the stain. bore cleaner? i've read where some people say theirs  is still like new after repeated use. i saw a youtube vid where some guy used turtle wax to polish it and it seemed to work. any advice would be appreciated!!
View Quote

I have a couple myself  from various other companies and they all stained after shooting. Personally I don't care if it stains. All that matters is that there's no left over carbon deposits after cleaning/brushing. If you want one that stays shiny then get a hard chrome.

Impala
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top