Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2015 7:48:52 AM EDT
Good morning. I recently got a BM carbon 15 as part of a trade. It appears to have had a rail mounted on it, quite sloppily, using an adhesive. I was wondering if anyone knew how or what to use to clean up the mess. Also, I tried searching for similar threads but couldn't find any, and I'm somewhere less than positive this is the right area to be posting this question. Thanks for your time!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried to contact Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Fixed your pics OP.  In the future use the "direct link" code and not the "link" one for posting images here.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
OP,I would just replace the upper receiver ASAP. Followed by replacing the lower. (Both with 7075-T6 receivers) but especially the upper if not both.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fixed your pics OP.  In the future use the "direct link" code and not the "link" one for posting images here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Understood and thank you!

Quoted:
Have you tried to contact Bushmaster?

I have sent them an email and if I can get up early enough tomorrow I'm going to try giving them a call.   Thank you.

Quoted:
OP,I would just replace the upper receiver ASAP. Followed by replacing the lower. (Both with 7075-T6 receivers) but especially the upper if not both.

Haha I don't disagree with you there, as my other two are.  However, this was too good of a deal to pass up and I'd like to get it cleaned up to either add to the collection or barter to add something else to the collection.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Post it up in the under 6 lb thread.  And I may be mistaken, but I thought that was how Bushmaster attached the rail to the top of the receiver.  Perhaps it came undone & was reglued?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Post it up in the under 6 lb thread.  And I may be mistaken, but I thought that was how Bushmaster attached the rail to the top of the receiver.  Perhaps it came undone & was reglued?
View Quote

Man, the thought of having a glued on upper receiver rail makes me cringe. Thank God for this guy that its not his HD weapon lol
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh.  I rely on a superglued Lego stock for HD some of the time, rifle and shotgun.  As long as it zeros, no issue.  Not like it's going to get so hot shooting a burglar that the glue's going to melt.  If it was his bumpfire gun, that might be more interesting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Meh.  I rely on a superglued Lego stock for HD some of the time, rifle and shotgun.  As long as it zeros, no issue.  Not like it's going to get so hot shooting a burglar that the glue's going to melt.  If it was his bumpfire gun, that might be more interesting.
View Quote

Is that what your avatar is about? I've been wondering for like a year. Pics!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Meh.  I rely on a superglued Lego stock for HD some of the time, rifle and shotgun.  As long as it zeros, no issue.  Not like it's going to get so hot shooting a burglar that the glue's going to melt.  If it was his bumpfire gun, that might be more interesting.

Video

That's 24 rounds of 12 ga 3" 00 before my shoulder quits.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Video

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Meh.  I rely on a superglued Lego stock for HD some of the time, rifle and shotgun.  As long as it zeros, no issue.  Not like it's going to get so hot shooting a burglar that the glue's going to melt.  If it was his bumpfire gun, that might be more interesting.

Video

Hey 24 rounds of magnum 00 buck is no joke even with a butt pad. I dig the agressive stance too! So why the Legos to prove they can hold up to the abuse or is it something beyond what I would see at first glance? Impressive!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hey 24 rounds of magnum 00 buck is no joke even with a butt pad. I dig the agressive stance too! So why the Legos to prove they can hold up to the abuse or is it something beyond what I would see at first glance? Impressive!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Video

To push limits. Lets see them regulate legos.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Video

The stance is to keep me from being bowled over.  I've got a towel under the jacket, but really didn't have much bruising - the width of the stock prevented the worst of it.  Also, I put a carbine buffer and spring in backwards in the AR stock adapter, so that may have soaked up a little bit of the shock.

The whole non-profit project is the Feinstein Project - ultimately we hope to produce an AR lower that anyone can build, reinforced by a plastic brick thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The stance is to keep me from being bowled over.  I've got a towel under the jacket, but really didn't have much bruising - the width of the stock prevented the worst of it.  Also, I put a carbine buffer and spring in backwards in the AR stock adapter, so that may have soaked up a little bit of the shock.

The whole non-profit project is the Feinstein Project - ultimately we hope to produce an AR lower that anyone can build, reinforced by a plastic brick thumbhole stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Video

Man, they thought 3d printing was bad. I must admit, if all of my lowers went down for some reason, you bet your rear end ill run a glued lego lower lol. Legos are actually pretty strong too, esp compared to the polymer used in most poly lowers. I think it's a good idea bro.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top