Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:17:40 PM EDT
My gf's dad gave me this old GI cleaning kit as kind of a hand me down thing after Xmas dinner. I know its old, but can anyone tell me anything about it? Lmk if you need more pics.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
1969 vintage...Weapons oil appears dates 1972.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty neat. Worth anything? I wouldn't get rid of it anyway. It's got character.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It's missing pipe cleaners and
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's missing pipe cleaners and .....
View Quote

Yeah, and he also has a couple of extra rod sections.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:26:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one as well. Same kit, but with a different (clear) bottle. Even came with a brand new silent sling. Mine is made by industries for the blind
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep one in my range bag for the rare instance of a stuck case. I had a case bounce off a tree and land backwards in the ejection port a few months ago, and the bolt hammered in in the chamber on it's return trip. I had to use a steel cleaning rod to get it out. I didn't have one of these at the time, so I had to borrow the cleaning rod from my SKS.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about the worth, but functionally its a great set of tools to have.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top