Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2014 1:46:04 PM EDT
Love my new BCM LW 16" middys, but I've noticed the bbl turning light gray after long strings. I know its only cosmetic and I ask purely out of curiosity, but is there anything that can be done to reduce/eliminate this (no big deal, I can just rub a little CLP on it afterwards). Thx...
Tomac
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Space your rounds further apart.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It sounds like your barrel is getting hot enough to completely burn off the CLP, this is nothing new.  The only remedy I can think of is go heavy with CLP on the barrel during cleaning and slow down your rates of fire.  FWIW you could also look at changing CLP's, some hold up better than others.  I hope this helps brother.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Use an oil that burns off at a higher temperature, and keep under that temperature.   Or, just forget about it, because it sounds like you may be going hard enough on the barrel that a new one will be  not far in your future.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top