User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I take the bolt carrier group apart and wipe all with clean rag, spray with CLP and wait like 5 minutes before wiping all the parts again, then I spray again the whole group with CLP and reassemble...

I'm thinking to make a mix of 60-40 of Mobil 1 and ATF fluid and use that mix for the last step instead of using CLP, it's not that I don't like the CLP but it's a pain in the rear end using the can (the straw keep getting loose and flying all around the table!) and I just hate to have oil everywhere...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a small ultra sonic cleaner and some Simple Green these days. Blow it dry with compressed air. Spray some Breakfree on it. Blast the excess off and then lube.
View Quote

Tried this last night, works pretty well!  I dipped the parts in water after the ultrasonic cleaner to get off excess Simple Green, then blasted it off with air.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone use a 20 gauge brass brush and solvent on the interior of the bolt carrier? I was thinking of getting a 20 gauge brush to try this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone use a 20 gauge brass brush and solvent on the interior of the bolt carrier? I was thinking of getting a 20 gauge brush to try this.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Spray down with Remoil...let sit for a bit...wipe off and lube with FP10 or Slip EWL.

Remoil is a great cleaner...but sucks as a lube.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well...
View Quote

If I have a parkerized BCG I spray it down with Breakfree or Remoil and scrup it clean with a brush or wipe with a wet patch.

Impala
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Disassemble BCG.

Place parts in HF ultrasonic with water and a splash of simple green HD (purple)

run 3-4 480 second passes (or whatever the value is)

remove parts and air dry

wipe with rag

oil and assemble.

phosphate BCG
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top