Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2014 8:05:56 AM EDT
Looking for a chamber brush (5.56) that's NOT a screw attachment.  Anyone seen one available?  thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Dewey rods and the blue losso AR Brushes. The grip is fixed to the rod, and these brushes will out last the brass ones 7 to 1 and that is if you are rough like I am on brushes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I just use a bore snake. I have one of those cleaning rods that come with those Hoppe's Cleaning kits but I rarely ever use it. But then again I seldom clean my AR.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thats what I use.
Also doubles as a nice pistol rod,especially helpful on cleaning revolvers/cylinders etc..
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just use a bore snake. I have one of those cleaning rods that come with those Hoppe's Cleaning kits but I rarely ever use it. But then again I seldom clean my AR.
View Quote
explain how that cleans the chamber.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a 10" brass dewey pistol rod with a loop handle for my chamber brushes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I took an old cleaning rod and gorilla glued the handle to be fixed.  Just one piece of rod.  It is for chamber brushes only.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]

This is the same one that I use as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I took an old cleaning rod and gorilla glued the handle to be fixed.  Just one piece of rod.  It is for chamber brushes only.
View Quote

I took a brass section of cleaning rod I had laying around the shop, along with a cheap screwdriver that I pulled the handle off of. A little epoxy, 5 minutes and a tap of the mallet.....DIY fixed, non-rotational cleaning rod. Pulls double duty as a pistol cleaning rod too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Never seen a one piece. Dewey's rod and a chamber brush is as good as it gets.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top