Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2014 12:27:22 PM EDT
I'm shooting some 1971 FN 7.62 ammo in a stainless bbl. AR10A4.
Will the black sealer in the case neck cause any serious issues in the stainless bbl. ?
I'm asking because it takes a lot of scrubbing before patches stop looking very dirty.

Any opinions are welcome,
Thanks

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This was probably a silly question but I thought maybe at 43 years old the sealer may have hardened into something abrasive.
I've checked and can't find evidence that FN71 Nato is corrosive, oh well I guess I'll keep shooting and cleaning.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
nah, don't worry about it, it won't hurt anything I shot hundreds of thousands of rounds of surplus and the sealants have never left any serious residue. the worse is the primer sealant it falls down into the lower and makes a mess, again doesn't hurt anything just one more thing to clean.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top