Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2014 4:50:13 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend using this?

On what areas of the rifle? I certainly wouldn't think the bore or chamber...right?

I have a bottle of KG-10 Advanced Dry Moly lubrication which is also a liquid which very quickly dries.  I have only used it on the take down pins and holes because the fit between my upper and lower is nice and snug.  It makes the pins slide much easier.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Use of moly in the chamber will cause a significant increase in the back thrust on the bolt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
For various reasons, dry lubes just don't work well in firearms, which is why the military doesn't issue any.

The only place I'd recommend it is in magazines, and the AR mags don't require any lubricant.

You'll get better results and less wear on the rifle if you use a good liquid lubricant.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used moly fairly extensively over the years on range and hunting weapons.
For me it has worked well given my conditions of use especially breaking in new weapons. YMMV
I recently cleaned, applied moly and a little grease to a friend’s RRA match FCG, he was extremely pleased with the before and after results.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top