Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2014 7:58:19 AM EDT
Anyone else heard anything about rand clp? I bought some and it seems to work ok but is it as good as froglube or slip2000?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
i use rand on my ar that has a slidefire on it.. works great, helps with cleaning too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have switched my AR and all my handguns to Rand. I have zero complaints.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Smells like vegetable oil and leaves the carbon floating on a film of lube, ready to be wiped off. Okay in my book
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I never understood CLP, does it make sense to but a cleaner in with a lubricant? Many don't know that BreakFREE also makes just a LP, it is CLP without the cleaner. For years I cleaned with Hoppes 9 and lubed with LP. Now I switched everything over to Mil Comm products and haven't looked back. Mil-Comm is the very best cleaner and lubricant that I have found to date and see no reason to ever switch. One thing I liked was I posted something about a issue I was having with slow shipping on one order and the very next day I was contacted by the CEO and he made sure to resolve the issue and then some.  If Mil-Comm can safely lubricate the gatlin type guns hanging out of the heli's in full auto, it will have no issues with my needs, lol!!!!! Have you ever seen the river of brass that comes out of one of these guns?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smells like vegetable oil and leaves the carbon floating on a film of lube, ready to be wiped off. Okay in my book
View Quote

IIRC RandCLP is sunflower oil based.

I used it for a while. On guns shot and cleaned weekly it was fine. On a cerokoted shotgun lubed then stored for a month it turned gummy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I used it for a while. On guns shot and cleaned weekly it was fine. On a cerokoted shotgun lubed then stored for a month it turned gummy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quit using it because of this myself. If you shoot weekly you probably won't have the issue but for my guns (especially my CC guns) after a few weeks or month it turns green and gummy. Fireclean does the same thing thing (runs off and gets thick after a month) so I went back to TW25b and good ol Break free.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I quit using it because of this myself. If you shoot weekly you probably won't have the issue but for my guns (especially my CC guns) after a few weeks or month it turns green and gummy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quit using it because of this myself. If you shoot weekly you probably won't have the issue but for my guns (especially my CC guns) after a few weeks or month it turns green and gummy.

I thought I was the only one and perhaps it was due to the gun being cerokoted. Thing was like fly paper after a month.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top