Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 10:20:23 PM EDT
Question may have been asked already...if so I apologize.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I use CRC brake cleaner in the clean green can.

I use it to rinse everything out after the chamber and barrel has been scrubbed with hoppe's and a brush.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I use it all the time works for me.!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Question may have been asked already...if so I apologize.
View Quote

bigcatonhd,

I've used it in the past wo wash my AR quickly during cleaning......including the chamber.
In reality it's much cheaper than using a brand name gun version that in basic it's the same thing although the formula might not be.

Impala
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
After I use FBC
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty much REQUIRED for an FN PS90 chamber.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes. Why not? It's not like you're going to harm the chrome or melonite surface. Spray away.
I especially use it for the area's, in the receiver, around the gas tube that are hard to get with a brush. You'd be amazed at the crud that lurks in there.
Spray brake cleaner is like hitting the "easy" button. It's there, use it
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
make sure you buy the Non-chlorinated
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, a little oil on a chamber brush, hit the chamber, and flush with brake cleaner. Follow with a boresnake and a wipe down and cleaning day is done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
brake cleaner here. used for years no bad effects
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
why not chlorinated?

We have Carb cleaner and brake clearner posts....which one should we use?

What products are chlorinated and a better question:

What product do most of you use? Will it affect the Magpul products?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Non-chlorinated brake cleaner is great stuff for ARs and machine guns that have been fired a lot.   Be mindful that it will strip away any sort of surface protecting oil you have and you will get rust on steel parts if you do not apply some [insert favorite oil or CLP here] after using it.   DO NOT use it on polymer framed pistols, polymer framed rifles, or any firearm that has plastic/polymer as a structural component unless you can isolate the part(s) you are cleaning.  

Also, DO NOT use chlorinated brake cleaner on ARs or any firearms that contain aluminum because that reaction starts right away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I use CRC brake cleaner in the clean green can.

I use it to rinse everything out after the chamber and barrel has been scrubbed with hoppe's and a brush.
View Quote

Same here for me and no ill effects.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top