Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2014 1:37:36 AM EDT
One would have to think considering that US sales to civilians of the AR platform in form or another have topped 5 MILLION and counting, you should be able to walk into a large sporting goods store like Cabela's, BP or Gander Mt.who day in and day out have ARs on display and for sale from at least a dozen different makers,  and buy just about ANY cleaning item/tool or solvent needed for cleaning or maintaining your AR, but in my neck of the woods that simply isn't so. I went to all three stores i listed MULTIPLE times no less, and not one had in stock, a decent one piece cleaning rod suited for use on a AR 15 (.22-.260). I was expecting to find either or both one piece SST or coated spring steel cleaning rods, but was disapointed to only find M/I/China one piece synthetic cleaning rods costing as much as one of my Dewey's. Unacceptable to me. All three did have some AR specialized items, but as far as things like chamber brushes vice blocks that replace the mag to hold your AR steady while cleaning/servicing and other like items, not to be found.

All three had one and even two entire sections dedicated to dozens of all kinds of AR aftermarket add ons, all kinds of optics, cases, mags in 10, 20, 30, 40 and even 100 round capacity, even slings and bipods, but the really important stuff one needs to keep their AR up and running I found quite lacking and will have to order by way of the net. By comparison the gun cleaning section was about 1/4 the size. Maybe it's just most gun owners are to cheap or simply lack the knowledge as to the importance of investing in top quality cleaning equipment like Dewey's cleaning rods.

Well done venting for now.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
good vent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Bless your heart

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Seriously?  -Andrewphillipf
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#4]
ROI on each square foot of display. No profit in oils, etc.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While this isn't a typical Maintenance & Cleaning post, please abide by the rules and keep comments respectful in technical subs.
View Quote

Sorry Andrew, I just see this as a typical spoiled ungreatful American post. Theres bigger problems in the world than to whine because you had to order a cleaning rod online. First world problems.....
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top