Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 9:49:27 AM EDT
When cleaning my AR yesterday I removed and cleaned the extractor for the first time.  I had difficulty reassembling the extractor to the bolt body but finally got it in place.  I have had absolutely no hiccups with the rifle after just a little shy of 1K rounds.

After reassembly I ran rounds through it to ensure the extractor was working.  I did this because I wanted to verify that the extractor was working. I find it is not feeding correctly.  I appears to be trying to feed two rounds when I release the charging handle.  I have not tried to fire it so it is not failing with semiauto feeding.  I have only tried to feed it with the safety on and working the charging handle.  It is doing this regularly with different magazines and different brands of ammo.  When I do get it to feed it extracts just fine.

I half expected a problem with extraction but would not think there was any connection between the extractor and failure to feed properly.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It is kind of hard to screw up putting the extractor back on the bolt. Can you post a pic? Also working the action by hand is also not the same as firing the weapon. I would suggest loading up a magazine and try firing it like normal. If you have a failure try taking photos or a short video and report back. If you are still worried take it to your local GS and have them look at it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply NCHornet.  I did take it to my GS and should have it back in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply NCHornet.  I did take it to my GS and should have it back in a few weeks.
View Quote

Check that out should only take a few minutes, my advise is to find another GS or someone who knows how to assemble a bolt.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top