Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 8:21:16 PM EDT
Hello .

I just got a bottle of the viking tactics rand clp and was wondering if any of you gents have experience with this stuff?

I like the fact that its very thick and stays were you put it , and does not seem to evaporate like break free but being vegetable oil based I worry about burn off at high heat and freezing in a Maine winter .

any first hand users care to sound off ???

thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#1]
have used rand on my ar with a slidefire and on my 1911 and worked really well, no stoppages.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about how well it prevents rust or works below zero, but I do like that it's noticeably thicker and doesn't evaporate away like Break Free CLP does.  Was glad to see that the 150 rounds I fired at the range didn't burn it off as there was still a good amount of it on the bolt and carrier when I took the rifle apart to clean it.  Most areas were still "lubed" to the point where it would come off on your hands, so I used a cotton rag to wipe most of it off prior to cleaning everything.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Gets gummy in storage. Would only use it on a gun that gets used and cleaned very frequently.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Here it goes but I switched over to Frog Lube CLP exclusively, no problems, it just works!  I have no connection to said company I only use some of their kit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
CLP doesn't clean or lubricate real well, regardless of brand. You're better off with products that are dedicated to do each of those jobs separately.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used Rand CLP and am running fireclean now. Rand CLP is noticeably more "slick", but is not as good as fireclean with cleanup. Fireclean is not as "slick" as Rand CLP (still pretty good though) but it is better with preventing carbon buildup and cleaning. I would choose which factor is more important to you between these two and choose. Both are great
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top