Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 11:43:44 AM EDT

Hello to all,

I like useing Rem Oil to clean my AR's as a general cleaner but I can't find the squart bottle anymore around in my hood. Does anyone know of where any stores carry Rem Oil in the squart bottle form??? If not I'll just have to start getting Breakfree.

Impala
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#1]
There are so many better products than remoil.  I got a little bottle of it to keep around work, and it barely keeps my fan running at full speed for more than a couple days.

I generally use cleaning products to clean, and lubrication products for lubrication.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are so many better products than remoil.  I got a little bottle of it to keep around work, and it barely keeps my fan running at full speed for more than a couple days.

I generally use cleaning products to clean, and lubrication products for lubrication.
View Quote

Doppleganger,

I want to use a product that acts like a CLP for all my AR's that have chrome bores. I can understand using a typical bore solvent for the ones that are non-chrome bored which I have a few.

Impala
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used several brands for the last 30 years and I have really liked Rem Oil in the last few years.... It works for me (when used as a lubricant not a cleaner).
I was a huge user of CLP for many years as well....
I no longer have to travel to weather extremes like Iraq or Alaska so for here in the mid west, Rem Oil seems to do its job and is pretty easy to find at my local Walmart, PX, or Gunshop.

I have heard about Gunzilla though.... might have to try it out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Modern CLP Remoil is nothing more than TFL50 wet lube you can buy it buy the gallon if need be.

TFL 50 Wet Lube is a deep penetrating lubricant that does not attract dirt and dust. Unlike silicone sprays and grease, this thin film lubricant will not get gummy, gooey or tacky.  This lubricant passes military specifications MIL-C-16173D Grade 3.

TFL50 Wet lube arisol can
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Modern CLP Remoil is nothing more than TFL50 wet lube you can buy it buy the gallon if need be.

TFL 50 Wet Lube is a deep penetrating lubricant that does not attract dirt and dust. Unlike silicone sprays and grease, this thin film lubricant will not get gummy, gooey or tacky.  This lubricant passes military specifications MIL-C-16173D Grade 3.

TFL50 Wet lube arisol can
View Quote

Adirondack,

If I can't get Rem Oil in the squirt bottle version anymore then Breakfree is my main man when I run out.

Impala
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]
i was  a huge fan of breakfree for about 15 yrs and recently switched to slip 2000. in the dry arid desert of AZ breakfree would dry out on a bolt and carrier over time but the slip 2000 doesnt do that. still need to perform the torcher test and see how many rounds and how much time before a once lubed rifle stops working but from initial observations, the slip2000 keeps the bolts wet longer.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i was  a huge fan of breakfree for about 15 yrs and recently switched to slip 2000. in the dry arid desert of AZ breakfree would dry out on a bolt and carrier over time but the slip 2000 doesnt do that. still need to perform the torcher test and see how many rounds and how much time before a once lubed rifle stops working but from initial observations, the slip2000 keeps the bolts wet longer.

View Quote

mr_h:,

You know "Slip 2000" might be a good alternative if I can get it in a large squirt bottle. I'm just tired to spray cans!

Impala
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top