Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2006 5:44:15 PM EDT
Who is the company that makes the chamber patches that are shaped like the chamber? Thanks for the help.

Wild Bill
Link Posted: 11/30/2006 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Try these links for specialized AR chamber cleaning accessories. There may be others:

www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=CPACT&type=store

www.cjweapons.com/

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 11/30/2006 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got some, I kinda like them, but I still feel that name-brand Q-tips reign supreme.  Besides, for what you'd pay for maybe 2 dozen star patches (or chamber maids as I've heard them called) buy one hell of a lot of q-tips.

They just don't seem to work that well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't purchased any - they are ridiculously expensive.
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
chamber stars
I like using them and you can reuse it if you're really cheap
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2006 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Besides, for what you'd pay for maybe 2 dozen star patches (or chamber maids as I've heard them called) buy one hell of a lot of q-tips.

And that is why I don't buy any of these. I was keeping my Chamber clean long before some goober invented these....
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#7]
As an alternative, I use Sinclair's Locking Lug Recess cleaning tool.  It uses cheap cotton rolls similar to what your dentists uses.  It's quick, simple and effective.  Much easier than Q-tips and hemostats and such.
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I found that .12guage Shotgun mops work well - one for administering some carbon breaker, let sit, then another with just a bit of carb cleaner on the tip and sides to collect "sludge" and degrease the thing, last one with a bit of CLP of choice so nothing rusts and eveything gets some lube.
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#9]
That sounds like a great reasonable idea...
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
KISS="Keep It Simple, Stupid"

Why screw up a good thing---q-tips work fine.  They are cheep, and easy to find as well.
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Why screw up a good thing---q-tips work fine.  They are cheep, and easy to find as well.

It ain't like the Sinclair tool is rocket science.  It is the epitomy if simple.
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It ain't like the Sinclair tool is rocket science.  It is the epitomy if simple.

Rock on with your deep pockets.  I'm sure I can find q-tips almost anywhere I go.  Nice and cheep too.  What happens when you lose Sinclair's tool?  You can't exactly borrow another one from your buddy.  It does look like it works pretty damn good, though
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rock on with your deep pockets.  I'm sure I can find q-tips almost anywhere I go.  Nice and cheep too.  What happens when you lose Sinclair's tool?  You can't exactly borrow another one from your buddy.  It does look like it works pretty damn good, though

Then I'll fall back to Q-tips (I may need some refresher training though).  But until then I'll be on my 2nd brewski while you guys are still swabbing away.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top