Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2017 4:38:15 PM EDT
I bought this barrel from Stag Arms and can't figure out how to get the damn gas tube installed! I have assembled the barrel to receiver and tried to weasel the tube in from the back but the bend in the tube won't allow it to pass through the receiver.
 link to barrel

I contacted Stag and asked about removing the front sight and they said they don't recommend it because the pins are pressed in.

has anybody actually bought this setup? if so how did you go about installing the gas tube!

thanks in advance for any HELP!!

Bruce

PROBLEM RESOLVED!

many thanks to tech-hog23 and 44-40pro!!! I really appreciate the wise and experienced help you guys offered, it worked! I thought I had tried it but couldn't get it through the receiver but I may have had the bend in the wrong position. hopefully I will remember next time around.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Install the receiver end of the gas tube through the barrel nut and delta assembly into the upper first all the way to the bend, this should allow you to then install the pin side of the tube into the FSB and HG cap. Once that is set line up the pin holes and knock in the pin and you should be GTG.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Take the gas tube WITH THE BEND UP AT 12 OCLOCK and insert from the front through the delta ring into the receiver. Push it in far enough to clear the FSB. Might have to bend it slightly to do so. Once it clears the FSB rotate the tube to proper position and insert into the FSB. Pin as normal. Don't worry about bending/flexing the tube. It is stainless and pretty forgiving.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top