Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:35:33 PM EDT
Just built a 300 blk with PSA upper, PSA lower build kit, CBC, Ind. CH and BCG, and Anderson stripped lower. It fires after manual charging but I have to manual charge it again to fire again. It is cambering the cartridge and ejecting it with no problem.

I have done a slow manual charge  to see about hammer follow and if disconnector is catching the hammer, it is. I have a friend who mentioned that he had the same problem, which was caused by the charging handle and it stopped after it was broke in. I did notice wear on the charging handle.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try another CH first but to me it sounds like your gas block is out of alignment
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
OP
You got two threads

Check springs
AR15 Trigger Installation Guide Full HD (New Tactical Advantage intro)
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP
You got two threads

Check springs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BZ3vQ46CDQ
View Quote
I was going to go with springs, sounds like something is installed backwards.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Trigger spring or disconnector spring on upside down.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Broke down the lower and re-install the fire control group and safety. I think I might have had the hammer spring installed wrong (feeling stupid). Not sure if that would be the problem. Everything still functioned as before, except hammer is stronger. I do have a slight problem with the safety. It works properly, but if you can press to hard and it will go past fire (semi) to toward full. Thinking might just need a new spring for that...

Everything seems to function normally. Though it did before, have not done a live fire test...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Hammer spring on backwards usually results in the trigger pin walking.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Was able to check test the 300 blk, and everything seems to bee working. Not sure if it was the hammer spring or the extra lube I added to the BCG and Charging handle...
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top