Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/11/2017 10:01:55 PM EDT
New midgas 16" build AIM nib2 bcg, carbine buffer standard spring, is deflecting 55gr brass at about 1:30 / 2:00. Brass is hitting inside corner of the deflector and denting brass mid height.

From my understanding I should first try a heavier buffer? Do i just go to a h2 and keep current spring? Is there a brand that is truly worth the extra money? or???

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I would try a heavier buffer, spring makes little difference to the speed of the BCG opening. Kinda surprised you are getting that result from a midlength gas configuration.

The dent mid-case is kind of random and depends on the exact angle of the case as it hits the buffer which is some combination of BCG rearward travel speed, extractor tension, and ejector spring rate. There are high speed videos on youtube of AR15 function where you can clearly see what happens during ejection and where the ding comes from, and how it's kind of random as to the exact angle of the case.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
How far the brass eject? Also possible a weak ejector spring or some kind of binding causing the brass not kicked out fast enough. If you use thick lube and get inside the ejector pin hole, it will slow down the ejection as well.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top