Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2017 7:04:20 PM EDT
So I've had a PSA 9mm glock AR pistol for some time and recently sent in their BCG for a stripped gas key. Other then that, it has been shooting fine. Today, it randomly burst fired at least three times. Of course some people would like that but when it happens randomly and you don't expect it the muzzle rises too high and it is unsafe. I know it may have to do with the trigger and hammer and all but I would like to know all the possibilities if there are more. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you done a standard function check, to make sure the disconnector is working correctly?

It's pretty easy to "bumpfire" an AR pistol, even inadvertently. Bumpfiring is just the recoil-induced movement of the firearm working in concert with the trigger finger to rapidly fire rounds.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Post a video.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to get to a party right afterwards so I did not check the trigger, but it looks like the disconnector is not working. After the trigger is reset, the hammer loses contact with the disconnector. It takes very little effort to pull the trigger again, making it i guess a bump fire. Pull the trigger, reset the hammer and it contacts the disconnector. As soon as I let it travel enough to reset the trigger, the hammer jumps and loses contact.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to get to a party right afterwards so I did not check the trigger, but it looks like the disconnector is not working. When the hammer is reset and I release the trigger for the reset, it disconnects from the disconnector. From the feels of it, it basically feels like bump firing because after the trigger resets I barely pull on the trigger and it fires again
View Quote
Did you assemble the lower or was it already assembled?

Anyways I'd check and make sure the disconnect spring isn't put in backwards.

Hell I'd try a different trigger group entirely. I'd remove this one asap and post pics (keep it removed)
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It came stripped and i installed the lpk myself. I fired few hundred rounds through it, dry fired it a lot, and had no issues. I specifically remember dry firing and seeing how crisp the trigger would reset, and it was just like any mil spec trigger in that it needs some travel before it resets. Now the reset is VERY SHORT. SUPER SHORT. and the trigger pull afterwards is not that ~5lb mark. More like 6oz-1lb.

Edit: It is PSA Enhanced Polished Trigger

Also if I reset the trigger, let go completely, and fire it again, the trigger pull is back to being ~5lb. If the trigger resets and i quickly pull again the pull LIGHT.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Post a video.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I am always amazed with this one ^
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What trigger?  Some 2 stage triggers have been known to do that with psa lower and bcgs....
View Quote
Interesting, never heard that.  Source?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I have multiple discos laying around from trigger upgrades. Think the old disco spring was prematurely worn out because it works correctly now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top