Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2017 9:38:36 AM EDT
Need advice how to install it on a colt 10.3" barrel for an MK18 MOD0 clone.
The wrench flats on this FH is quite narrow that it would not clear the bayo lug when using the supplied shims alone.

But if I use a regular crush washer as it's thicker than shims, wrench would clear the bayo lug.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. KAC m4qd flash hider has like 4mm wrench cut out width and you cannot move the wrench towards muzzle end just to clear the bayo lug of a 10.3" barrel.  You can try to google it to see exactly what I mean.

A regular FH has a wrench cutout I'd say about 6mm flat out all the way to muzzle end. This is the one o originally have on this mod0 clone and wanted to swap it out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick a flat head screwdirver in the ports on the flash suppressor.  Turn away...

Wrap the screwdriver in electrical tape to prevent damage.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Great idea! But I have tried 3 different tip sizes (5/16', 3/8' & 1/2") of screw drivers here but the the tip wont reach the other end of the port as its blade gets larger going towards the shank.

Have you tried it?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I went to Sears and bought a long thin flat blade screwdriver.

Alternately, you could cut a piece of flat stock (flat bar metal).  They often sell it at Lowes or home depot.  Find a piece the size you want, cut to length.  Not very hard metal...but you could maybe get it to work.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top