Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2017 9:36:34 PM EDT
I have a 4-5 year old CMMG conversion kit that has been working fine up until now.  I noticed that the when it comes time to remove the kit from my uppers (all 4 of them) the kit gets stuck.  It doesn't matter how many rounds I run through the gun, 10, 100, 300 etc...I have to use a hammer and punch to the back side of the kit to hammer it out of the upper.  The kit itself is completely clean and oiled prior to inserting in the gun.  Anyone have any insight on this?  I did email CMMG tech support and am waiting to hear back from them.  The kit I have is ~5 years old and is the all stainless model.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That can happen. Carbon-glued to the barrel. Afflicts one of my conversions.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The entire conversion bolt and upper/chamber area are clean.  Also note, this just started happening recently and worked fine for years prior to a mont or two ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When I got the kit out of the upper, I could see scrape marks from the rails on the kit actually wore off the finish in the upper.  It appears to be binding due to the side rails
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you bend a rail the last time you cleaned it?

Properly reassembled?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it me or does the carrier rails look crooked/tilted?  The kit does slide in just fine its getting it out thats all of a sudden a PIA

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
CMMG thinks the chamber adapter assembly is swollen from use so they are sending me another one.  Let's hope this works and fixes the issue.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Good news, hope it solves the problem.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the rails are in the correct orientation, I don't have mine handy to look at but seem to remember that they don't sit at 90* and 270*, respectively, using the top as 0*.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good news, hope it solves the problem.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the rails are in the correct orientation, I don't have mine handy to look at but seem to remember that they don't sit at 90* and 270*, respectively, using the top as 0*.
View Quote
The rails are angled the way they are to provide clear access to the entire ejection port.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The rails are angled the way they are to provide clear access to the entire ejection port.
View Quote
Got it, Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
So the new chamber adapter fits nicely into he upper and is removed just as easily.  Now I have a new issue.  Testing out this new adapter today for the first time, I was getting failures to eject, feed, stove pipes and 2-3rd bursts.  What could be causing this?  I was using (3)blackdog 10rd magazines in a bushmaster M4 A3 E2S upper.  This same AR shoots .223/5.56 just fine as well as it's had hundreds of .22 using this same conversion kit with the old adapter.  I plan on reaching ou to CMMG in the morning.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there supposed to be a firing pin spring?  If so, my kit doesn't have one and I don't ever recall seeing one.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top