Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 9:59:47 PM EDT
I just put about a hundred rounds or so through a new build of mine and it did great on the first 90 rounds but then I was having failure to extract and it would pick up a new round and slam it into the spent round. Looking for possible issues and solutions, tomorrow I'm going to check the extractor but I'm also going to try blowing air into the gas tube in the upper and see if the port is clogged ( I don't think that's the issue since I wasn't short stroking). Maybe the chamber is a bit too tight or something? I can't get a 22 cal bore snake through it either not even the little brass tip, is that because it's a 223 wylde barrel? Sorry if this doesn't make sense if you need more specific info just let me know.

Edit: ok so I have looked over the bcg took the extractor off and everything looked good to my eyes. I then put the bcg back togeather  except for the firing pin and started manually cycling rounds though my ar, again I was having failure to extract and now my damn bcg is stuck in my upper and I can't move it!!! Tomorrow I'm going to have to take off the buffertube to get it out since I can't separate the upper and lower with it stuck where it is. Any ideas? Think I might need a new bolt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What ammo, what barrel length?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you using enough lube?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just put about a hundred rounds or so through a new build of mine and it did great on the first 90 rounds but then I was having failure to extract and it would pick up a new round and slam it into the spent round. Looking for possible issues and solutions, tomorrow I'm going to check the extractor but I'm also going to try blowing air into the gas tube in the upper and see if the port is clogged ( I don't think that's the issue since I wasn't short stroking). Maybe the chamber is a bit too tight or something? I can't get a 22 cal bore snake through it either not even the little brass tip, is that because it's a 223 wylde barrel? Sorry if this doesn't make sense if you need more specific info just let me know.
View Quote
what BCG?
what ammo?
what caliber is the bore snake designed for?

its not your gas tube or block, btw.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what BCG?
what ammo?

View Quote
BCG is a Ballistic advantage
Ammo was AE 55g,  Winchester 55gr and  Winchester 62gr.
Barrle is a 16" BA Hanson SS  premium
Yes is a 22 cal snake and not the viper one I've heard horror stories about.
I did spray some lube in the barrle and  extension before shooting but I couldn't clean it out because the snake wouldn't fit and I had old school rods and brushes but those seem to tight as well.

Could my buffer spring be too strong? I have a Geissele super 42  braided spring and H buffer.( it sounds dumb after I typed it out but I'm really bummed about this and just trying to find the answer) Maybe the  casing was getting stuck in the chamber and ripping the extractor off?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
A .22 bore snake should most definitely be able to be dropped right through your bore and chamber, wylde too. Something doesn't sound right..

ETA..What does the expelled brass look like? And extractor claw?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did spray some lube in the barrle and  extension before shooting but I couldn't clean it out because the snake wouldn't fit and I had old school rods and brushes but those seem to tight as well.

Could my buffer spring be too strong? I have a Geissele super 42  braided spring and H buffer.( it sounds dumb after I typed it out but I'm really bummed about this and just trying to find the answer) Maybe the  casing was getting stuck in the chamber and ripping the extractor off?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what BCG?
what ammo?

get out a caliper and measure the diameter of the weight on the bore snake.  I bet the wrong weight was assembled onto the snake, or it was packaged wrong.  the barrel cant be undersized or else you would have blown up the gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A .22 bore snake should most definitely be able to be dropped right through your bore and chamber, wylde too. Something doesn't sound right..

ETA..What does the expelled brass look like? And extractor claw?
View Quote
. Wish I would have thought to grab a couple of the shells but
I didn't :(
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top