Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:06:19 PM EDT
I can get all my magazines to lock in place but not without slamming the bottom of the magazine pretty hard, any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you trying to load them with the bolt closed?

If so, have the bolt locked open and no issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
its the same bolt open or closed , my AR pistol loads open or closed. I'll pull the mag catch and see if it needs a trim or something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
What brand magazines? If the answer is Gen 3 Pmags... that's likely your issue. They have an "over insertion" tab along the rear spine that contacts the front of the trigger guard on some lowers. Lots of folks have had luck filing away, either lowering the over insertion tab (less preferred) or, filing away at the bottom of the front of the trigger guard to raise it (and then covering up their work with alumahide or something similar. (preferred, as you wont have to hack every single gen3 pmag you buy, and have guaranteed reliability with everybody elses mags). If it isn't mags, I don't think the magazine catch should cause ANY binding against the magazine being inserted, there is minimal pressure required to push the locking mechanism back when seating the mag.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top