Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 12:28:19 AM EDT
I just bought an A1 Upper from the EE, and it arrived today. I opened up the packaging and find that there's a stuck casing in it. I'm pretty sure it's live as there is only a small dent in the primer. Another thing is that it's a brass case. That's all that I know about the problem. I tried to use my BCG to eject the round. Since there is no FA I can't put much leverage on it, but I feel the extractor slipping off of the round. What can I do to remove this round?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun smith
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Use a cleaning rod to tap the round out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Would that pose any problem if that in fact is a live round.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would that pose any problem if that in fact is a live round.
View Quote
That's why I suggested a gunsmith.  At least call one...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Live round or not, pushing a cleaning rod down the barrel and lightly tapping to get the shell to move isn't going to be dangerous at all.

If there isn't any movement and you hit it with a hammer.. well.. who knows.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Has the seller from EE told you to do anything specific?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Pour Kroil down the muzzle and let it sit for a few days. Tap out with a 17" brass rod. (If 16" bbl)

Keep the ejection port and muzzle AWAY from you.

Other than that it's smith time.

Freezing the upper will make the brass and steel contract differently during thawing and you may wiggle the case out.

Sucks that it's live
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has the seller from EE told you to do anything specific?
View Quote
Yea he has agreed to return it. He said that it couldn't have been his, because he doesn't use fiocchi brass, and that he was taking pictures of the rifling. However, I dont even have any 5.56 on hand, so he and I have agreed to do a full refund because I don't know what else can go wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, illegal to ship that way.  Use a full length cleaning rod and knock it out.  They tap right out.

If you are in so cal I am glad to help.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
No worries. I've deduced that it isn't live, and I assumed wrongly. I can feel that the edge of the brass meaning that there isn't any bullet in it, and that it's just a stuck case.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#11]
If it's just a stuck case, tap it out and move on.

No reason to send it back unless something is wrong with the chamber.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top