Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:26:42 PM EDT
I have a Springfield Saint.  Took it out to shoot for the first time yesterday.  While shooting I noticed that the upper rocks back and forth on the lower.  It is not tight like my other AR's.  I tried to use an Accurate-Wedge, but it doesn't fit and I can't close the upper to the lower with it in place.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
have you called Springfield?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Not yet.  Was hoping it was a quick fix that I could do.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought that gun had a system in place to prevent that? The accutite receiver mating system its called.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Springfield Saint.  Took it out to shoot for the first time yesterday.  While shooting I noticed that the upper rocks back and forth on the lower.  It is not tight like my other AR's.  I tried to use an Accurate-Wedge, but it doesn't fit and I can't close the upper to the lower with it in place.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?
View Quote

Mildly wobbly upper to lower fit is not really a problem.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy fix ... The Lower has a nylon tipped set screw to put more tension on the receivers .... Remove your grip and screw it in (clockwise) .... Make adjustments until your are satisfied .... The rear takedown pin will be harder to push in but you won't have any play

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, remove the grip and tighten the screw.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top