Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:13:16 AM EDT
Im hoping someone can give me any bit of advice on this. I have a 14.5" pinned and welded voodoo innovations barrel. The first build i put it on, it wouldnt cycle the next round. I replaced the gas block for a brand new bcm fixed gas block and got the same results. I eventually took the barrel off and went with a new barrel. The build im on now is with a completely new aero precision m4e1 combo set. Now it is cycling rounds but every now and then it short strokes and i get a jam. In addition the bcg will not lock back on the last round (ive tried with multiple mags, not a mag issue). At this point i feel that the barrel might be faulty. Really dont want it to ne because i love this barrel. And the voodoo innovations websites customer service isnt working. Theres something wrong with their website. Any help would be considered.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you're under gassed.   Gas block not properly aligned most common issue.  Could be issue witb gas tube or port partially blocked as well.

If the port isn't spec from the shoulder or you aren't running a handguard retainer and don't have the gap for the retainer in there you'll be undergassed.  If its so off the gas block isn't over the port at all you'll have a single shot.  Sounds like the original block missed the port completely and the current one  is only partially over it.

Loosen the gas block enough you can move it, but not so much it slides freely.  Plug the chamber with a casing and blow air down the barrel with a compressor,  canned air, or something.  With a finger on the hand holding the casing feel the air coming out of the gas tube as you move the block slightly.   Find the spot where you get the highest flow and tighten it back.

Maybe not the most scientific method, but it will help identify and rectify the issue.

(Helps to have a friend or a 3rd arm)
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top