Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2017 7:30:39 PM EDT
*DELETE PLS | ISSUE RESOLVED BY A DEEP CLEANING OF CHAMBER*
Here's the Issue:
-Cannot pull charging handle back when round is in the chamber (BCG stuck forward and cannot perform press checks or manually eject a round; BCG is locked forward until the rifle is fired)
-Rifle cycles fine
-Everything else works normally.

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this a new rifle or just a new issue on an old rifle.

When did it start cold rifle or hot.

Ammo types
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Reloads? This issue is common when people don't bump the shoulder back far enough. The loaded round ends up binding in the chamber.

Turn the die clockwise (down) closer to the shell holder. Even if it's already touching the shell holder you'll still gain another .001" to .002" in shoulder bump by turning it down more.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions!  Here's the answer to your questions.

- Old rifle: I had a bad primer blow up in the chamber (I think), it kept the AR from going fully into battery, and had to scrape brass out of the chamber.  After getting the brass scraped out he issue started. Issue started the next time I shot the rifle.
- The ammo used is Seller & Bellot 6.8spc.

The rifle cycles and fires like normal.  I am unable to manually slide back the BCG, when there is a round in the chamber, via the charging handle and the BCG is stuck in battery (until a round is fired and it cycles). BCG and charging handle work fine without a round in the chamber.

*UPDATE: FIXED BY SOAKING CHAMBER WITH CLEANER AND USING A CHAMBER BRUSH FOR A GOOD 5 MINS*
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top