Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2017 11:51:00 AM EDT
Hey guys..  I purchased an Anderson AM-15 new and finally got it out this past weekend.  I disassembled the bolt and cleaned it up/lubed it prior to shooting.  I tried some factory Remington 55 grain and some 55 grain reloads which work great in my other rifles.  Here's what happens:  Pop in magazine and chamber a round.  Pull trigger and it goes bang.  On the second round the rifle does not fire.  I did get it to fire a couple times by hitting the forward assist but NOT every time.  The second round being fed in looks pretty scarred up.  I tried putting 1 round in the mag and ensured that the bolt IS staying open after the first shot.  What next?  Am I going to need to send this POS back to Anderson?  Frustrating!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Define "fails to fire". Is it failing to return to battery fully? How much lubricant do you have on the BCG? The fact that hitting the FA sometimes works makes me think it's not going fully into battery.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:18:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you got it to work with the forward assist, the new gas rings are probably tight.  Put a drop of oil on the gas rings through the holes on the side of the bolt carrier group, and work the bolt.  You might have to do this every once in a while until the rings break in.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top