Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2017 3:30:07 PM EDT
Bought a new AXTS Talon ambi-safety so that both of my lowers would have identical controls and have some issues with the install.  The first one went in my RRA lower with RRA NM 2-stage trigger without an issue, the second one is in an Anvil Arms lower also with a RRA NM 2-stage trigger and is where I had the issue, when on fire it will not allow the trigger enough room to drop to disengage from the sear and release the hammer.

I tried multiple times of uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail, with everything disassembled I spun the safety 360 and in no orientation could I get the sear to release, I'm using the same grip and grip screw, and tried swapping safeties since I know I had one that worked. They both work in the RRA lower and neither work in the Anvil Arms lower so I don't think my issue is the new safety but rather with either the lower or the RRA trigger.

I looked and there's no debris in the FCG, could clean it some but really not gunky and the factory safety worked fine before and still works after none of the above have.  I'm thinking my issue is with the RRA trigger and maybe tolerances aren't quite right on it, have any of you guys experienced this or had similar issues?  I find it more likely to be a trigger out of spec issue than a lower out of spec.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I dug out an Anvil arms lower that I hadn't built.  I installed a normal trigger and fit a generic safety and checked it for operation.
Everything worked as it should.

You might want to put a caliper on the AXTS safety and check it against a regular safety if that's within specs, then you might try a non RRA trigger and see if that works.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top