Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2017 3:12:13 PM EDT
Have a 300 blk supressed sbr with strange debris in the receiver after shooting. Looks like brass but dont think it is. Trying to figure out why this is happening, didnt notice till i got home, so have not inspected fired brass. Has any one seen this before?

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's either un-burned powder or some filler material added to the powder, often found in factory blackout subsonic loads.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/702663_Is_this_Unburnt_Powder_in_My_Receiver__New_Build_Question.html
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
pistol gas I am assuming, as opposed to carbine gas system?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you shooting Gemtech .300 blk rounds? because that's the only ones iv come across that leave that in my receiver.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like pollen. Were you shooting on the ground near some flowers?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It is unburned or partially burned powder.  Plenty of people have experienced the same with 300BO.  I have experienced it while reloading pistol and rifle rounds.  It seems to occur at the low end of powder charges.  The same powder will not do it when the charge is bumped up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah looks like shit gunpowder like the stuff they used in the Gemtech rounds.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah looks like shit gunpowder like the stuff they used in the Gemtech rounds.
View Quote

And GI 9mm using PB propellant.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:48:20 AM EDT
[#8]
2 possibilities-

Brass shavings from the extractor.

Filler/Buffer material used by some ammo manufacturers to balance the case volume.  I have seen it in 9mm cheap plinking ammo as well...
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top