Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2017 3:08:04 PM EDT
Hey all.

So this is my first build, and I have read and re read everything that I could find.  The issue that I am having is that after installing the trigger group, the safety selector will not move to safe.  I have tried installing the safety selector first, and then installing it after the trigger is installed.  Unfortunately, nothing helps.  It does look like the rear of the trigger is hitting the safety after the trigger pin is put in place.  I have checked the depth, which is at 1.25.  trigger and hammer holes seem to be in the right place.  I have read that some have shaved down some material on the rear end, and seemed to work.  Any advise would be appreciated.

This is what I have:
80% lower from 80-lower.com
Used 80% Arms easy Jig
PSA lower kit
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried cocking the hammer?  The safety will not go to Safe unless the hammer is cocked.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, hammer was cocked.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe try reinstalling the safety selector detent and spring. Monkey around with it a little bit, I've had them not sit right before and caused grittiness and stiffness.

Are you left handed and trying to install the PSA switch on the right side?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
OK I'll give it a try.  Do you recommend filing down the rear part of the trigger if nothing works?  What kind of issue would that cause?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you upload a picture of the top of your lower?

Take a picture with your phone, upload it to tinypic.com, and post the image link here?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I'll do that tonight when I get home.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok so I reinstalled everything and it is now working. But I do have to use a lot of pressure to switch it back and forth from safe to fire. Just needs to broken in?  Also the catch pins are extremely hard to get in the upper. Could that be the coating on the upper?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Things will work themselves in.

If it passes the function tests it should he good to go.
Tight pins are better than loose.  They'll wear in.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top