Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2017 2:04:07 PM EDT
Just finished 2 new builds last night.  Went out to fire them today and both short cycled.  Had numerous FTE and ftf and no last round hold open on magazine.  Tried numerous mags that are known good on other builds.     Started swapping uppers and lowers from other guns to eliminate possible issues.    Took both current builds and finally installed my aim nib bolt carrier and both guns cycled fine, even had last round hold open.  1 rifle had case ejection at 2 the other at 4.   The new builds used aim v2 nitride c 158 bcg and short cycle, but run fine with aim nib bcg.  Anything I can do to these new bolts to tune them or check.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
How does each BCG feel when you have it out of the rifle to manually manipulate the bolt. Does it seem super stiff?  Does it hang up in any areas?  

Did you break down and clean each of the new BCGs?  I'd do that and pull the extractors as well. Make sure nothing looks out of the ordinary. For the ejector, you can manually cycle it to ensure it is functioning properly. Test the feel against the known functioning BCG.

That'd be a good place to start. I'd also work on one rifle at a time in troubleshooting. Just because both are malfunctioning doesn't guarantee the root cause of the issue is the same.

When swapping parts, did you try these suspect BCGs in other rifles?  Did you try putting either of the new bolts in the carrier that's a known quantity?

I think before anyone can provide better advice you have to focus on one BCG/rifle, and provide more details on what you've tried to troubleshoot. A few too many unknowns exist at the moment.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you for the ideas to check.  think I narrowed it down to the carriers. the carrriers move free without binding i so disassembled 1 new bcg at a time, installed bolt into good carrier and function was fine in both instances.  known good bolt installed into each new carrier produced same short cycle issue. I would have to assume its leaking.  going to contact aim to see what they can do before I attempt to fix these.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd say you've likely found the issue. If it is a leak, I wonder if they've got a whole batch out there like that. While it could be purely a coincidence that two bad ones make their way to one customer, the odds have to be pretty astronomical. Hope they get you squared away, and let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The gas keys are not sitting flush, they are canted.  Forgive me for being a newbie on these bcg, but is the seating area recessed with a defined edge the keys should sit in?.  It appears on one the key is on a lip on the right, the other carrier key in up on the left.  Used a straw and enough air comes out under the keys to blow out a match.  Have pics, just have to figure out how to post them
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
[/URL]" />
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Update, talked with customer service. I'm sending these back on my dime.  Asking for exchange, so we will see what they do. Will update on final outcome
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I guess the good news is you may get some functional replacements. However, poor service on their part. Not all that smart either.

Sell 2 defective carriers + Make the customer dump money into fixing their problem + A market that's oversaturated with ARs and parts = A great first step towards going belly up.

The panic is gone. Long gone. The companies that will survive either need innovation, high quality output, competitive pricing, or great CS; preferably all 4.  

Sorry to hear that OP. Hopefully the replacements work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update, talked with customer service. I'm sending these back on my dime.  Asking for exchange, so we will see what they do. Will update on final outcome
View Quote

I guess I missed it.

Who is this that sold you this crap so I can avoid them?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Aim surplus is where I got this junk from.  Still waiting on final outcome. Earlier this week they replied to my email after I inquired about status of exchange. There response was we may get to it this week.  WTF, I'm done with them.  These were 2 v2 nitride units that were junk from the assembly process. The gas key installation was a major fail.  99$ each + the 12$ shipping to send them there junk back.  Now being held hostage awaiting new/ replacements hoping that they will be good.   Seems like there is no desire or sense of urgency to make things right.
    I ended up ordering 2 new toolcraft  units from a vendor and have received them. They run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#12]
this is why i stick to name brand shit.

aint no body got time for that
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Update,. I now have functional bcg's.  They were out of stock on v2's, so I accepted a couple of there NB carriers.  I have a couple of these already and never an issue with them.  Still out $$ for shipping there junk back to them, was hoping for discount voucher on next purchase, but there was nothing in box other than parts. Didn't even get a "sorry for any inconveniences".  Needless to say that was my last transaction with them!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Well. Glad to hear they at least function now. That is crazy how they basically treated the problem like it was an inconvenience to them. Definitely not a market where companies can survive by pissing away customers.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top