Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2017 2:06:49 PM EDT
Okay so here's my build as it pertains to the gas system

16" Aero Precision complete M4E1 mid-length gov profile upper.
BCM Mod4 charging handle
Odin works black nitride bcg
Springco blue buffer and extractor spring
4.3oz KVP heavy buffer (Tungsten powder weight)
The gas key is tight and properly staked, the gas tube is new only a few hundred rounds thru it, and the gas block looks properly aligned and installed.

Now for the issue...

Using wolf polyformance .223 the round ejects every time at right around 3 pretty consistently. But every few rounds I get a half feed where the round gets jammed up at a angle only half out of the magazine and the bolt jammed against it.  This happens across many pmags and hexmags.  Running wolf gold I get zero malfunctions.  I am assuming maybe the 4.3oz buffer combined with the blue spring may be causing the short stroking with the lower pressure ammo, but am looking for others experience and expertise for a recommendation.

While I could stick to wolf golto or other higher pressure loads, I feel that the lower pressure ammo is showing a flaw in my gas system and I want to be sure that my rifle will run any ammo I feed it consistently.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice,
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I had just broke in the barrel..  I was shooting a single round then running a bore snake thru the barrel with clp on it. I did this for ten rounds. I then repeated the process with 10 3 Round groups each time using the bore snake with clp.  My barrel does not have chrome feed ramps as it is nitride.  After the break in was completed I used that exact brush and clp as well as inspecting the rifling to make sure everything was good.  The feed ramps looked spotless and well lubed.  The only hoppes in the rifle was the synthetic gun lube on the bcg and the trigger springs.  I ran another 150 brass rounds thru it. Cleaned it again and switched to the steel. I have heard about steel liking it wet so I was running the gun wetter then I would normaly run it.

Here is what it looks like after about 350 rounds thru it

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhZFs9qhZzqVmKNfWa3aWZYdKjkvGA
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top