Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2017 10:42:49 PM EDT
This is an upper and a lower from psa. It's an 8" 300 blk. I fired it unsuppressed at first and the first round fired without a hitch, then problems...

The trigger was not resetting. I noticed that if I played with the safety, it would trip the trigger reset and then I could fire again. I did this about 10 times, then it fired 110 rounds without having that issue. Was this just a matter of breaking in?

After that was resolved, my shockwave blade worked itself loose from where I had adjusted it. I didn't have the tools to fix it on the range, but once I got home I cranked down on it and added some loctite, so I think I'm set there.

My other issue was a double feed that happened twice. This may be user error, is that possible on this platform without purposefully inducing it, or was this a mechanical issue? It happened when I changed mags. I loaded the new mag into the magwell, then pulled the charging handle even though there was a round already chambered. If I remember right, the round ejected and loaded the next. I pulled the trigger, it went click (no primer strike, maybe that bcg was out of battery?), then I charged another round. I don't believe that chambered round ejected, as I could see the noise of the next round angled into the butt of the chambered round. I dropped the mag with some effort and wiggling, then attempted to clear the jam by pulling that charging handle. This proved difficult. I was eventually able to pull back the handle with force and the rounds came falling out of the way. I didn't have this issue again for the last 75 rounds or so.

I did observe that the gun was pretty dry compared to what I'm used to, but I wanted to see how it did while being on the dry side. Could these issues be attributed to running a dry gun? I also highlighted the fact that I need to take a carbine course with this gun. Pistol classes helped with some of the troubleshooting but my AR platform skills are definitely not where I want them to be. Yet.

Thanks for the help!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top